Monday, June 12, 2017

Shoot Fifteen - Marshfield Fair




Dublin as was the guess for most of you (I will not name names): Michelle, Elaine, Tony M., Carol, Peyton, Joani, Jim, Mike Di., and Milt.



"Peppermint Twist"




Still at the Marshfield Fair with a group of other photographers - actually, I am working the fair solo as all of others disappeared! Well, I have always wanted to try to capture a spinning Ferris wheel at night - so what better place than here and now?

I set my tripod up directly in line with the middle of the wheel. It is odd how a tripod can intimidate the fair-goers. Many walked around my vantage point; others asked who I worked for; while a few stopped and waited for the image to appear. 

The only disappointing thing was a row of lights that were out which caused a gap in the shot. I was hoping the attendant would get up there and fix that but, no.

Well, another item off my life list!


Where in the World?

Better get out the atlas as this year I will be featuring some of the more famous cities of the world! Here are some interesting facts about one of them. Just what city would I be visiting? 

a seaport city with its metro area is the eighth-most populous and fourth-largest urban area in its country

 a population of around 5.5 million

was ranked as the richest city in the country, and the world's fifth-richest city in terms of purchasing power. 

nicknamed the "Capital of Latin America"  and is the largest city with a Cuban-American  plurality.

has the third tallest skyline in the country with over 300 high-rises! 

One of the country’s major tourism hubs in the country, and number thirteen in the world

This should help to clinch it: Its port is known as the "Cruise Capital of the World", has been the number one cruise passenger port in the world.


A Word to the Wise. . .

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize 
how close they were to success 
when they gave up." 

         ~ Thomas A. Edison    



Murphy's Laws. . .

Army Law:


If it moves, salute it; 
if it doesn't move, pick it up; 
if you can't pick it up, paint it.



It's Cartoon Time. . .


No comments:

Post a Comment