Monday, November 2, 2015

Shoot XVIII - "The Art of the Brick!"



And, the state of the week was "Wyoming!" Heard from Michelle, Carol, Elaine, Milt, Joani, Mike Di., and a voice from the past, Jim W.! 


"Artist's View"




#18 was a serendipitous stop off my Freedom Trail walk. Since it was getting close to lunchtime and I was getting hungry, I made Faneuil Hall my choice for a bite to eat. There on the wall was a huge poster promoting LEGO sculptures.

When I finished my snack, I headed upstairs to see the well-laid out bricks for myself. I was amazed at the creativity of this one man - Nathan Sawaya! He managed to recreate iconic masterpieces from the art world.

The "Artist's View" was one of my favorites as EVERY thing you see in the picture was created from LEGOs - EVERYTHING!

I returned a few weeks later to view the exhibit a second time. 



Thought for the week. . .

Found these most interesting outlooks on life:

Effort plus motive equals result. 
~ P. D. Ouspensky.


N i f t y   F i f t y
Here are some interesting facts about one of our fifty states. Do you know which one? This state boasts of being the:

home of George M. Cohan, comedienne, Ruth Buzzi, and TV actor, Ted Knight 
    
home to the Flying Horse Carousel which is the nation's oldest carousel. 

home of the country's oldest temples.  The Touro Synagogue was opened in 1763.

one with the longest state name (trick question).

home to the longest running, unbroken series of 4th of July Independence Day observances in the country.




Leaving you with a smile, I hope. . .



My people skills are just fine.  

It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work!



No comments:

Post a Comment