Yes, it was a balcony (Tony, Mike P., Peyton, Milt, Mike Di., Phil, and Joyce) but not just any old one. This brick structure is located on the side of the Oakes Ames Memorial Hall in Easton, MA. It was built in 1881 as a gift from the children of Congressman Oakes Ames to the town. H. H. Richardson was the architect with Frank L. Olmstead planning the landscaping. Listed on the National Historical Register. . .
Memorial Hall is next door to another Richardson building - the Ames Free Library. One impressive library - inside and out!
Ames Free Library
– completed in 1879 but not opened until 1883. Architect was Richardson with sculptor, August
Saint-Gaudens providing stone and bronze medallions of Oliver Ames.
Onto today's architectural masterpiece completing the triple play in Easton with H. H. Richardson. . .