Saturday, August 3, 2013

# 214 - "The Shadow Knows!"

Thanks to Milt, Carol, Joani, Joyce, Phil and Pete {welcome back} who commented on the July Compilation of Vanes. Also, first time responder, Jeff W. I just might take your advice and create a poster of some of my favorite weather socks! 

As for the next challenge, it will be shadows! As I was playing around with my new toy, a Sima portable light source, I was noticing the types of shadows it was casting. So, an idea was born, shadows!


This first one is from my archives. I was at the Boston Marathon a few years ago with fellow blog-follower, Phil, and shot numerous pix of the runners. Then I noticed the shadows created by their running form.


 Here is the original shot where I carefully cloned out the runner's shoes. . .



I'm not sure how this month will play out but I won't really know until I start posting, right??



I think it's pretty obvious what this shadow is, right?? For a chuckle, the Washington Post runs a neologism contest where the readers submit alternative meanings for a common word - today's word - Coffee (n.), the person upon whom one coughs!


No comments:

Post a Comment