Friday, September 20, 2013

# 260 - "Reflections. . ."


“Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. ” - Ansel Adams



f/6.7 @ 1/250 sec. ISO 400



Kalapana Lava Flow Sunset

Oh, how I wish I took my tripod along! To have some control over those flocking to this spectacle of nature, the government decided to pave over the lava flow so spectators could drive closer to the point where the molten lava enters the ocean.  Cars were not allowed on the paved roadway until 5 PM. Once I got my car parked, I headed off to find the best viewing spot. As the hike was over lava rock that was much like broken glass if you fell on it, I decided to leave my tripod in the car and concentrate on my footing in the dark. I managed to get right up to the cordoned off area and braced my camera against my body to reduce movement. Mother Nature cooperated with a beautiful sunset! Handholding my camera for this spectacle of nature was not a great idea. Even so, I managed to rescue a couple of keepers from the batch.


1 comment:

  1. Joe!
    Wow to all your latest posts!
    I love them all for so many, many reasons!
    This last one is so very beautiful and exciting!
    Great work! Also love the quotes!
    Take care.
    Michael

    ReplyDelete