Wednesday, November 13, 2013

# 314 - "Patterned by Nature"



What a sharp group I have out there - the guesses were great! Sadly, I have no idea what the three holes were from. I saw them in the flats outside of Victoria, BC. I liked to think they were the results of a prehistoric three-toed sloth. But geyser holes (Mrs. Beth and Peyton), mud pots (Milt), barnacles (Deana), Michael P. (sulphur pits), Michael K. (elephant toes), with Phil's "small craters in silica formed by the residue of sulfuric acid dissolving the top strata of surface stone" was the most creative.

No, I didn't forget you, Tony. But if you insist?? A bad case of acne from too much chocolate!

Let's everyone try to get this one:




Bonus Image


When the national parks were shuttered, the state parks welcomed me with open arms. This is Coral Pink Sand Dunes in Kanab, UT.

1 comment: