Monday, June 22, 2015

Shoot XVI - "SWTrek II - Bryce II"



And, the state of the week was MD - as Michelle, Mike Di. (partial credit), Elaine, Peyton, Joani, Milt, and Mommy Beth knew. . .


"Along the Navajo Loop"


Traveling solo does have its drawbacks - hiking trails is one of them. I try not to head off into the wilderness on my own unless I see others ahead or behind me. The Navajo Loop was one trail that was crowded! The loop brought me down to the bottom of this small canyon amidst hundreds of hoodoos. Just before this spot, I met a couple from Springfield, MA. We talked about Bryce, our hometowns, and the Red Sox. With frequent stops to set up my tripod, they moved on. This shot had all of the elements of interest for me - a good foreground to lead you to the hoodoo, a well-defined center of interest (the hoodoo), and a beautiful sky with wonderful clouds to accent it.





Thought for the week. . .

Found these most interesting outlooks on life:




The pessimist complains about the wind; 
the optimist expects it to change; 
the realist adjusts the sails.
 ~ William Arthur Ward.


N i f t y   F i f t y
Here are some interesting facts about one of our fifty states. Do you know which one? This state boasts of being the:


birthplace of Dick van Dyke, Chuck Berry, Mark Twain, G W Carver, Frank and Jesse James,  and Betty Grable!

first successful parachute jump to be made from a moving airplane was made by Captain Berry in 1912.

state tied with Tennessee as the most neighborly state in the union, bordered by 8 states. 



Leaving you with a smile, I hope. . .


  Lord, grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, 

the courage to change the things I can, 

and the friends to post my bail when I finally snap! 

1 comment:

  1. Your work is always beautiful Joe! This photo certainly is wonderful work of art. You captured the area so very well!
    Take care and my best to the family!
    Michael

    ReplyDelete