Monday, August 3, 2015

Shoot XVI - "Bodie II"



And, the state of the week was New York! I would love to see that parade, wouldn't you? We heard from Peyton, Michelle, Milt, Carol, Joani and Mike Di (Mike thought it was a trick question about the first US Capital).


"Last Call at Loren's


Still caught up in my Bodie experience! Most of the buildings had some of their original artifacts still out for viewing - unfortunately, the look-see had to take place from the outside. There were special tours inside these structures but they were not scheduled when I was there. So, through the glass was my only option. I was still impressed with what I was able to capture on my camera.

Loren's was one of sixty-five bars in Bodie. That's sixty-five bars for just ten thousand people (one bar for every 153 residents of Bodie - current national average is one for every 4500 people)!

No wonder why the town was full of shootings, fights and other lawless activities.


Thought for the week. . .

Found these most interesting outlooks on life:




People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
~ Isaac Asimov.


N i f t y   F i f t y
Here are some interesting facts about one of our fifty states. Do you know which one? This state boasts of:

being the home to the largest forest in the US.

home state for Red Sox hurler, Curt Schilling and pop singer, Jewel

having 3 million lakes, 29 volcanoes and more than 100,000 glaciers.



Leaving you with a smile, I hope. . .


"When I read about the evils of drinking after golfing, 
I gave up reading."        

Paul Horning


No comments:

Post a Comment