Monday, September 28, 2015

Shoot XVI - "Wheels of Borax"



And, the state of the week was "South Carolina!" I, too, thought Georgia was the Peach Capital!!! Heard from Milt, Michelle, Peyton, Vicky, Mike Di (he continues to get closer to the actual state), Elaine (and her grandsons), and Beth.


"Wheels of Borax"


Do you remember the fifties TV show, "Death Valley Days" and its sponsor, Twenty Mule Team Borax? Well, this would be one of the wagons that were pulled by those mules! Borax was big business in Death Valley. 

Today, the park has rescued some of the original equipment used to mine borax. Considering the heat I experienced when I was here, I do not know how the men survived - especially without any of today's creature comforts.





Thought for the week. . .

Found these most interesting outlooks on life:




Growing old is mandatory; 
growing up is optional. 
~ Chili Davis.


N i f t y   F i f t y
Here are some interesting facts about one of our fifty states. Do you know which one? This state boasts of being the:

birthplace of former QB Steve Young, comedienne Roseanne, Loretta Young, and Butch Cassidy

site of the nation's first department store. It was established in the late 1800's. It is still in operation today as ZCMI.

has five national parks (and, I have been in them all)!

only state whose capital's name is made of three words


Leaving you with a smile, I hope. . .


           I always wanted to be somebody, 
but now I realize I should have been more specific!


No comments:

Post a Comment