Monday, January 25, 2016

Shoot Three - "Across the Big Puddle - Amsterdam"








It was certainly not Greek to all - Carol, Milt, Joani, Jim, Peyton, and Michelle!



"The Herengracht Canal!"




So for next few months, I'll recap my fantastic trip into three major European cities. My first stop was Amsterdam! A wonderful walking city where English was overheard as much as Dutch. The hotel was a mere five minute walk from this spot. I had originally gone here to capture the "Fifteen Canals' Shot." According to the Internet you should be able to see fifteen canals from the intersection of two canals. No luck - best I could shoot was five. What the article failed to mention was that the shot has to be done from one of the canal boats! Let's see handheld camera, low light, and a moving boat - that was not going to happen. Being given lemons, I made this lemonade of an image!

When I looked over my shoulder, I noticed the crescent moon over the canal!


Getting Older?



It was a whole lot easier to get older, 
than to get wiser.


Where in the World?


Here are some interesting facts about various countries of the world. Just where would I be? Here is an easy one:

is the second largest country in the world by total area.

is made up of 10 provinces and 3 territories.

features the longest coastline in the world, stretching 202,080 kilometres (125,570 miles).

over 30, 000 lakes.

is rich in resources such as zinc, nickel, lead and gold.

Interesting Fact. . .

The moon moves about two inches 
away from the Earth each year.

Leaving on a humorous note, I hope!



If all is not lost, 
then where the heck is it?

   

No comments:

Post a Comment