Monday, January 11, 2016

Shoot Two - "A Visit to Click and Clack's Garage!"





Told you it was an easy one - China! Perhaps, so easy some of you didn't even fathom a guess but Carol, Mike Di., Peyton, Jim W., and Joani wanted in on the correct response!



"Oil Can Plethora!"




My next photography outing for 2015 did not happen until March but it was a unique one. I managed to get on the invite list to see the garage of NPR's talented duo, Click and Clack!

Some background - the two brothers Tom and Ray were instant celebrities on NPR Boston station WBUR-FM. In 1986 some 11,500 people had tuned in to listed to the mechanical duo. 1992 was  a special year for the show as it earned a prestigious "Peabody Award!" By 2012, it had gone national with six hundred stations and over three million listeners! 

Their garage is full of cars, auto memorabilia, and antiques from the fifties and sixties! This bookcase was filled with oil cans of all shapes, sizes and materials.


Getting Older?


"I don't let old age bother me.  
There are three signs of old age.  Loss of memory ... 
I forget the other two." 

   ~ Red Skelton



Where in the World?


Here are some interesting facts about various countries of the world. Just where would I be? Here is an easy one:

is ethnically diverse, with around 300 distinctive native ethnic groups and over 740 different languages and dialects spoken in the country.

is more than 17, 500 islands, of which about 6,000 are inhabited. 

has some 400 volcanoes, about 150 of these are active which is around 75% of all currently active volcanoes on Earth.

claims the world's fourth most populous nation.

its people are fanatical about the game of badminton, often winning gold medals at the Olympic games in the sport. 

Interesting Fact. . .

Your tongue is the only muscle in your body 
that is connected at only one end.    


Leaving on a humorous note, I hope!


Now that I'm older here's what I've discovered:

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it
!



   

No comments:

Post a Comment