Monday, April 11, 2016

Shoot Three - "Paris - Montmatre"


Columbia - had to think a little on that land on two oceans! But before we announce last week's followers, an apology to Mad Mike. He correctly identified Russia but I inadvertently left off his name - I trust he is not MAD at me any more.

And, for Columbia  we did hear from Joani, Michelle, Milt, Elaine, Peyton and Mike (although he ended up next door in Ecuador).


"Montmatre Street Poster"



The Montmatre section of Paris is so named because it was where St. Denis was martyred, hence, "the Mountain of the Martyr."

Sitting high atop this area is the Basilica of the Sacred Heart. 


Montmatre was also the home of many of our famous artists - Picasso, Lautrec, Dali, Monet, Pissarro, and Van Gogh! I know I saw many originals by these men during my museum visits in Paris.

For me, this poster shouted, "Paris!" 





Getting Older?



"I don't feel old.  I don't feel anything until noon. . .
 that's when it's time for my nap." 

       ~ Bob Hope



Where in the World?


Here are some interesting facts about various countries of the world. Just where would I be?



has some unique natural features such as ice cap mountains, volcanoes, hot springs, waterfalls, glaciers, geysers and ancient cooled lava flows.

around 11% of it is covered in glacial ice.

is home to around 200 volcanoes and it has a third of all lava flows found on Earth. 

home to the most northern capital city in the world

the currency is the króna.

the Arctic fox is the only mammal that is indigenous to it..

Handball is the main traditional sport 




Interesting Fact. . .

There are at least 6 people in the world who 
look exactly like you.


There's a 9% chance 
that you'll meet one of them in your lifetime!


Leaving on a humorous note, I hope!


Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, 

he'll never be able to edge his car onto the expressway!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment