Monday, May 23, 2016

Shoot Three - "La Pieta"




Morocco! Different clues helped different people - for me it was the Kasbah. I think the only safe way to see this world famous site - is at Walt Disney World!!! So Michelle, Elaine, Joani, Peyton, Jim, and Milt were present and accounted for!



"La Pieta"





Michelangelo makes a second appearance on my 2015 Top Shots with his sculpture, "La Pieta!" His previous posting was "Madonna and Child" which was featured on my Belgium listing.

While walking and clicking my way through St. Peter's Basilica, I came upon a small crowd of people standing and staring - it was "La Pieta!" A weird calm came over me as I took my camera away from my eye and looked. I must have shot this sculpture at least a dozen times. You have my pick of the bunch here. 

Coincidence time as my daughter is in St. Peter's while I type this morning. She is off to Tuscany to teach a painting workshop there!

In St. Peter's there were some many photo ops - the many altars scattered around the interior; the bright eye-catching stained glass windows holding up the walls; the paintings in the many openings of the ceiling; and the artwork throughout! Alas, no Pope Francis to show here!





Getting Older?




"Grandchildren don't make a man feel old; 
it's the knowledge that he's married to their grandmother!"

    ~ G. Norman Collie  
   

Where in the World?


Here are some interesting facts about various countries of the world. Just where would I be?

There are over 92 million people living here as of July 2013.

The currency is called the dong.

It is the largest exporter of cashew nuts and black pepper in the world with one-third of the global production. The country is also the second largest exporter of rice behind Thailand.


Football (soccer) is the most popular sport in but other sports of interest include table tennis, volleyball, badminton, tennis, and martial arts.


Interesting Fact. . .

Zero is the only number 
that cannot be represented by Roman numerals!


Leaving on a humorous note, I hope!


A rabbit runs and hops and only lives 15 years, 
while a tortoise doesn't run, 
does mostly nothing, yet. . .
lives for 150 years!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment