Monday, July 11, 2016

Shoot Seven - "The Science Center"



Joining me in Switzerland were Michelle, Jim, Peyton, Elaine, Milt, Joani and long-time follower but first time responder, Mariann!


"Another Weather Vane!"





Back in 2013 I challenged myself to post an image every day for an entire year. I went one step further by having a theme for each month. As I was driving around the surrounding towns, I noticed quite a variety of weather vanes adorning the tops of the houses I passed. I went back and decided I would try to find enough different ones to fill an entire month - May, 2013 was the final result. You can revisit the ones I did post.

This bobcat sits atop the Harris Science Center in Hancock, NH.

Know of any interesting ones in your neighborhood? Maybe, I'll swing by and grab a shot of it (Doris and Joani - any vanes in your neck of the woods would have to be shot by either of you!)


   

Where in the World?


Here are some interesting facts about various countries of the world. Just where would I be?


landlocked Central European country, that shares a border with seven countries.

Ten million people live here (9,939,470) as of July 2013.

Its currency is called forint.

This country is famous for its mathematicians including the designer of modern geometry Farkas Bolyai and his son designer of non-Euclidian geometry János BolyaiPaul Erdős for Erdős numbers and John von Neumann, who was a key contributor in Quantum mechanics, Game theory, and digital computing.

Natives of this country have invented many important items over the years, including the electric motor, the Telephone Exchange, and BASIC programming languageLaszlo Biro invented the ballpoint pen, Erno Rubik invented the Rubik's Cube.

Its men's water polo team is considered the best in the history of the sport with 15 Olympic medals (9 gold), and 10 World Championship medals (3 gold).


Interesting Thought. . .


If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, 
if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed. 
~ Mark Twain

Leaving on a humorous note, I hope!


If the professor on Gilligan's Island 
can make a radio out of a coconut, 
why couldn't he fix a hole in a boat?

No comments:

Post a Comment