Monday, September 12, 2016

Shoot Eleven - Stowe, VT



Pakistan. . . Can't get much past you as Jim, Milt, Joani, Elaine, and Peyton knew it! Also heard from long-time followers, Jeff W. and Liz F.

"Hutchins Covered Bridge"







Still in VT and still on my eleventh shooting opportunity, I share with you another one of my favorite subjects - covered bridges! VT is home to quite a few of them. On this one morning I set out to photograph those within an hour's drive from the lodge. I believe there were about ten that I stopped and captured!

Hutchins C. B. is situated on Hutchins Bridge Road in montgomery, VT. Its fifty-four foot expanse traverses the South Branch of the Trout River.

VT has done a remarkable job preserving these iconic pieces of architecture.

Where in the World?


Here are some interesting facts about various countries of the world. Just where would I be? 

It shares a land border with Benin, Chad, Cameroon, and Niger.

The British colonized it in the late 19th century through to 1960 when it became independent.

With nearly 175 million people (174,507,539) as of July 2013, it is the most populous country in Africa, and the 7th most populous country in the world.

It has over 250 ethnic groups, the three largest of which are the Hausa-Fulani, Yoruba and Igbo.

The currency is called the Naira.

English is the official language, and is used in education, business and for official purposes. In rural areas, indigenous languages of Yoruba and Igbo are more commonly spoken. There are also many other minority languages.

Poor healthcare, living conditions and a lack of access to good water means it has a low general standard of living. The life expectancy is on average just 52 years.


Football (soccer) is popular here, the national team known as the "Super Eagles" have made 5 appearances at the World Cup, won the African Cup of Nations 3 times and won the football gold medal at the 1996 Olympics!

Interesting Thought. . .



If you think you can, you can. 
If you think you can't, you're right. 
~ Mary Kay Ash.

Leaving on a humorous note, I hope!

I don't mean to brag but … 
I finished my 14-day diet food in just 3 hours and 20 minutes!

My goal for 2016 was to lose just 10 pounds. . .
only 15 to go!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment