Monday, November 7, 2016

Shoot XV - "Waterfalls and More Waterfalls!"



Egypt as figured out by Mariann, Carol, Mariann, Milt, Mariann, Michelle, Mariann, Doris, Mariann, Mike, Mariann, Elaine, and Mariann! In my haste to post last week's correct responders, I left off Mariann. This was my attempt to make it up to her! Did it work, Mariann? 

"Eagle Cliff Falls"



Still on Shoot #15 , the Waterfalls of Ithaca. Hope you like falling water because I have a few more to share with you. 

"Eagle Cliff Falls" was a tough one. At first sight, there was a good view of it from the walkway. So, after I shot that angle, I moved further into the falls area. A few more possibilities opened up the closer I got. However, the angle I really wanted meant fording a small stream and setting up directly in front of it. Fortunately for me the depth of the water to cross barely reached the tops of my hiking boots.

I hope you appreciate ALL that I do to get you THE SHOT!

Where in the World?



Here are some interesting facts about various countries of the world. Just where would I be? 


Maori are the indigenous Polynesian people of this country.

In 1893 it became the first country in the world to give all women the right to vote.

The term ‘Kiwi’ is also used as a nickname for the locals.

The Lord of the Rings movies were filmed here.

Here they drive on the left-hand side of the road.


Rugby is the most popular spectator sport but a variety of sports such as football (soccer), cricket, netball, golf and others are popular among participants.

Very Interesting . . .

BUYING THE FARM? 
 This is synonymous with dying. During WW I soldiers were given life insurance policies worth $5,000. This was about the price of an average farm so if you died you "bought the farm" for your survivors.
Did you know that????

Coffee Break Time!




Leaving on a humorous note, I hope!

After marriage, husband and wife become two sides of a coin; 
they just can't face each other, 
but still they stay together.

~ Sacha Guitry

No comments:

Post a Comment