Monday, November 21, 2016

Shoot XV - "Waterfalls and More Waterfalls!"


Denmark as mentioned by Jim, Peyton, Michelle, Mariann, Joani, Doris, Elaine, Mike, and Milt!


"Pulpit Falls"



This was my favorite shot of all the ones I captured this waterfall weekend! And, it almost didn't happen.

It was the last waterfall on our list to shoot and it was getting late. I had walked to the end of the Pulpit Falls trail and was heading back with camera and tripod in tow. Just short of the parking lot, I stopped to speak with two other photographers. After some small talk, I picked up my gear and took one look over my left shoulder - the setting sun was doing amazing things with the foliage and the water. Obviously, I was NOT done here.

Where in the World?

Here are some interesting facts about various countries of the world. Just where would I be? 


Geographically, it sits in two continents, Europe and Asia, although around 97% of its land area is on the Asian side.

There are eight countries that share a border with it including Armenia, Azerbaijan, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Bulgaria, Greece, and Georgia.

The highest point is Mount Ararat 5137 m (16,854 ft).

It was formed in 1923 following the fall of the Ottoman Empire.

The ancient city of Troy was located here.

The most popular sport is football (soccer), their national team came third in the 2002 World Cup Finals. Basketball and volleyball are also popular sports as well.

Very Interesting . . .

SLEEP TIGHT!
Early beds were made with a wooden frame. Ropes were tied across the frame in a criss-cross pattern. A straw mattress was then put on top of the ropes. Over time the ropes stretched, causing the bed to sag. The owner would then tighten the ropes to get a better night’s sleep.


Coffee Break Time!




Leaving on a humorous note, I hope!

My wife and I were happy for twenty years. . .
then we met.

~ HennyYoungman


No comments:

Post a Comment