Monday, April 17, 2017

Shoot Twelve - NECCC Conference



Chi-town! Did you get it???? Of course you did. Well, except for one faithful follower who settled on Evanston! Gotta love their pro football team, the Evanston Bears :) Eventually the responder came to his/her senses and focused in on Chicago as well as Carol, Jim, Michelle, Milt, Peyton, Elaine, Marianne, Mike, and Joani!



"The ISB Catwalk


Another annual event for me is the NECCC Photographic Conference that happens every July at UMASS Amherst. I have been attending this eat / sleep / drink photography weekend for the past ten years! The variety of subject matter in the workshops is appropriate for all levels from beginner to experienced.

The past couple of years I have been packing my camera as there are photo activities available. My problem is not to overbook myself by leaving no free time to check them out.

On this day I was just finishing up a lecture in the Science Building. I had plenty of time before the next presentation so I walked around with camera in hand. The interior architecture affords many images worthy of capturing.

For me it was this catwalk on the third floor. I was mesmerized by the seemingly never-ending entry way. After a little time on my screen I thought about taking it into B&W - but that little hint of greenery got me thinking not.


Where in the World?

Better get out the atlas as this year I will be featuring some of the more famous cities of the world! Here are some interesting facts about one of them. Just what city would I be visiting? 

it is one of the most picturesque cities of Europe because of its spectacular setting and Medieval and Gothic architecture which attracts millions of tourists yearly.

it is referred to as the Athens of the North because it is one of the seats of the Enlightenment, comparable to the Greek city of Athens.

Like its vibrant colors, its people are lively, fun-loving and very welcoming.

The heart of its attractions is the city’s Castle which is located in an extinct volcano and houses buildings that have been built as early as the 12th century. This is where the famous celebration of the Military Tattoo is held.

Visitors also do not fail to visit the Royal Botanic Garden which is famous worldwide for its variety of flowers that are found all over the world.





A Word to the Wise. . .

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: 

it goes on.. ." 

~ Robert Frost


Murphy's Laws. . .

Leahy's Law:


If a thing is done wrong often enough, 
it becomes right.


It's Cartoon Time. . .





No comments:

Post a Comment