Monday, August 21, 2017

august 21 Flipper


Marrakesh! Remember, my esteemed panel of judges is looking for a city! Way to go... Mike, Carol, Tony, Joani, Peyton, Michelle, Milt, Jim, and Gulchin!



"Meet Flipper




Shoot Two at the King Richard's Faire and all is going well. Lots of photo ops around me - very colorful to say the least. This young lady could not escape my intent to shoot her. As you can see, there was no place for her to go! I had seen two men carry her to this spot earlier so she was there for the duration! 

The camera was performing up to and beyond my expectations. Off to shoot the jousting event! For the next thirty minutes I moved around the ring for a better angle. And, then it happened! My camera stopped shooting!!!

I quickly found my fellow-Fujifilm friend to help determine the issue. Not the battery as I had ample back-up. No, it was the memory cards! In my haste to use slot II as the backup, I hadn't realized slot One was only 8GB while the backup was 32! I had filled my card and was done.

I'm sure I could have figured out some way to get around the issue but I had talked myself out of continuing and was heading for home to read the manual.

Lesson learned!!


Where in the World?

Better get out the atlas as this year I will be featuring some of the more famous cities of the world! Here are some interesting facts about one of them. Just what city would I be visiting? 

the birthplace of United Nations

the second most densely populated major city in the country and the 13th most populous city in the country

city was founded on June 29, 1776,

after the WWII, the confluence of returning servicemen, massive immigration, liberalizing attitudes, along with the rise of the "hippie counterculture" the Sexual Revolution, the Peace Movement and other factors led to the "Summer of Love and the gay rights movement, cementing the city as a center of  activism.


Hopefully, you don’t need this: three-quarters of the city was destroyed by the 1906 earthquake and fire!


A Word to the Wise. . .

Wisdom is ofttimes nearer when we stoop 
than when we soar.      
                            ~ William Wordsworth 

Murphy's Laws. . .

Stock's Observation:


You no sooner get your head above water 
than someone pulls your flippers off!


It's Cartoon Time. . .


No comments:

Post a Comment