Monday, August 7, 2017

Shoot Twenty-one - Simes House II



Lisbon - well done Milt, Tony, Joani, Carol, Michelle, Jim, and Elaine!!



"Simes Ghost of Present"




Back in the Simes House for a little photo fun! With little or no traffic on the upper level and low light, I had the perfect setting for some long exposures. Experimentation is the key here so having a digital camera was critical. I could look at my results and immediately know if I had the desired effect.

All it took was a twenty-second exposure with me standing there for about half of that time. About the fourth or fifth try and I got what I wanted. I did attempt to do this in other rooms but this one came out the best.


Where in the World?

Better get out the atlas as this year I will be featuring some of the more famous cities of the world! Here are some interesting facts about one of them. Just what city would I be visiting? 

The city is held sacred by people of three faiths: Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. It is also referred to as the city of gold.

The Old City walls have been declared a World Heritage site by UNESCO.

The Old City is also home to the Church of the Holy Sepulcher.

For the Muslims, the Noble Sanctuary (the same site as the Har Habayit) is extremely sacred.

the national museum, the largest museum in the country contains the ‘shrine of the book’, home to the Dead Sea scrolls.

This holy city is the capital city, and also its largest city in the country.


Gimme clue: the Western Wall and the Har Habayit are the two most important sites of Judaism. The Western Wall was built 2,000 years ago.




A Word to the Wise. . .

Wisdom is to live in the present, 
plan for the future 
and profit from the past.      

                      ~ unknown


Murphy's Laws. . .

Borstelmann's Rule:

If everything seems to be coming your way, 
you're probably in the wrong lane!



It's Cartoon Time. . .


No comments:

Post a Comment