Monday, June 25, 2018

#26 - "Nuts and Bolts"



#27 was the Mechanized Clock - and right on time were Michelle, Peyton, Joani, Mike, and Elaine!




"Nuts and Bolts"



Back at the Boston Waterworks Museum! As I had mentioned there was a lot to focus upon and in the few hours, I had to determine which objects would get my full attention! 
 This one was all about the lining up of the nuts and bolts and the color. There were several other shots within this one area that I managed to capture.

Greatest Inventions of All Time!
Recently I came across an article about the greatest inventions as determined by a large group of scientists, philosophers, educators, and other professions. Their task was to create a list of "the Greatest Inventions of All Time." Conveniently, the final list numbered fifty! so, I'm starting with #50 and working my way down to Numero Uno in December.

Fear not as I will offer you some hints as to what the invention was.

#26

Before it, Joel Mokyr says, “information could move no faster than a man on horseback!”

An electrical #26 was independently developed and patented in the U.S.  in 1837 by Samuel Morse. With his assistant, Alfred Vail  they developed a signaling alphabet. 
The first message in the United States was sent by Morse on 11 January 1838, across two miles (3 km) of wire “What hath God Wrought” "from the Capitol in Washington to the old Mt. Clare Depot in Baltimore. 

The overland device connected the west coast of the continent to the east coast by 24 October 1861, bringing an end to the Pony Express.


Murphy's Laws


New Theory of Relativity. . .


How long a minute is depends
 on which side of the bathroom door you are on!


Leaving You with a Laugh, I Hope. . .

"Updating One's Avatar"


No comments:

Post a Comment