Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Posting Twenty-two – April 18, 2011
Image 03 Feedback
“Beach Flora

 





Mad Mike Lacks concept but was executed fairly well. It is not a good image of flowers, it is not a good image of the shore, it has no focus and tries to convey too much about two subjects. Either get closer to the flowers and make them the center of interest and make the shore secondary, or widen out the view and make the flowers a secondary subject in the main subject of the shoreline.

Fotobug – Another image which I found not worthy of my time in photo shop. The overall shot doesn’t move me. I would be interested in what you finally did.
To Fotobug on Image 02, most of my tweaking is accomplished in less than ten minutes and more often than not closer to five.

Jill L. – I think I can see what you were trying to capture here. However, your centering of the rock and the flowers is a distraction. The water showing in the upper right corner is another distraction. If you need to work on this, consider cropping tight – very tight!





What I did – My usual workflow through the RAW tools (adjusted the temp, blacks slider, clarity, and vibrance). Into CS5 for a tighter crop, Levels adjustment and selective Curves. Finally, I sharpened only the main subject – the rock and flowers. Scary how close Jill L’s processing is so close to what I did.