Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Posting Twenty-seven
50mm Challenge!

Every once in a while it is beneficial to our photographic growth to challenge ourselves. This 50mm Challenge was one that was simple to do, or so I thought it would be.

You see, I had intended to participate in a meet-up where we were only allowed to shoot with a 50mm lens or a lens that could be focused at the 50mm mark, but a scheduling conflict left me home with my camera equipment. With the Bridgewater Fourth of July parade looming, I thought it would provide me with the opportunity to shoot it with the 50mm focal length.

I affixed the prime to my Nikon and packed it in my backpack. I was overly concerned about missing a great shot with the prime-only lens so I pulled out my D200 and opted for my reliable 18-200mm – didn’t want to take any chances missing “the shot”. The 50mm prime was tucked into the bottom of the bag and we were off!

After a few shots at 50mm, I focused (pun intended) on “the shot” and not the challenge. Lesson learned, if you are trying a self-assignment, make sure you are not shooting an important event and you are able to concentrate on the task at hand.

I will revisit this challenge in the immediate future.

Let me know if you try this or any others.

Here are a few from the 50mm Challenge gone awry. . .


Parade Vendor
Shot at 50mm

















 

                       Shot at 170mm


                     




Fire Truck at 50mm



Fire Truck Rider at 170mm


Off to find an opportunity to shoot 50mm. . .



 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing such great Blog. Professional photography is of several forms. It ranges from documenting people, products, services and industries, the scope of professional photography is much better than the family portrait photo studio.

    Camera crane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wide collection and really fantastic.Its really a good post. Thanks for sharing.The d200 nikon is really great one .
    Production services company

    ReplyDelete