Sunday, September 1, 2013

# 242 - "Reflections. . ."



“Reflections. . .”


I’ll be the first to admit “Shadows” was not an easy challenge. I figured they are all over the place so what’s the problem? Well, some were so unidentifiable while others fell on areas where it was difficult to pull them out to be seen on their own. Many of the ones I used for August were shot under controlled lighting and even that was not an easy task.

Thanks for lurking in the shadows with me. . .

As some of you know I will be in a state of flux (actually several states) for part of September and October, which makes the thought of coming up with a theme not a real possibility. So if you will allow me to use my creative license (need I remind you this is MY blog), I will be sharing some of my favorite images taken digitally over the years. In most cases the particulars of what prompted me to press the shutter button or what was going through my mind at that time will be shared with you. I’m still trying to come up with something for you to do but if I can’t feel free to sit back and enjoy some of my personal favorites.

To expand upon the reflections theme, I've included photographic quotes for each image for you to "reflect" upon. . .



“Life should not be measured by the breaths we take
   but rather by the moments that take our breath away. . .”
         - Anon.



f/13 @ 1/250 sec with tripod and polarizer


Wailua Falls
These iconic falls on the island of Kauai are familiar to those of us who were weaned on Seventies TV as it was the opening shot for “Fantasy Island!” I can hear many of you calling out, “De plan! De plan!!” Yes, those words were immortalized along with that less than authentic French accent of Tattoo.
So while on Kauai, I had to find the falls and get my own thrill of seeing them close and personal. Unfortunately the area around these falls are not stable so extensive fencing was enclosing them making it very difficult, if not impossible, to get all of it in the frame. 
It was a creative decision NOT to go for the "cotton candy" effect as the power of these falls is what I needed to portray.



No comments:

Post a Comment