Sunday, September 1, 2013

# 243 - "Reflections. . ."


“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams





f/11 @ 1/125 sec.   strobe flash for lighting


European Barn Owl 

My first ribbon winner!   This was a set-up at the Yankee Potpourri in Danvers. Using a strobe flash and a synch cord, getting the shot was almost a no-brainer. Each photographer was allowed three shots of the barn owl. The biggest obstacle was to get the critter to look my way. I patiently waited for the winged wonder to turn in my direction. I found the colors of this nocturnal hunter to be amazing. It was almost as if it was wearing a jeweled coat! The black background was a direct result of the set up.

I looked behind my camera and can't seem to find what Ansel saw as those twelve inches:) 


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on this gem! Beautiful! A pleasure to enjoy over and over again!
    Keep on keeping on Joe!
    Michael

    ReplyDelete