Monday, September 16, 2013

# 256 - "Reflections. . ."


“A photograph can be an instant of life captured for eternity that will never cease looking back at you.” - Brigitte Bardot



f/22 @ 2 sec.   ISO 200 on a tripod with a GND filter



Duck Brook Scenic

A group of club members from Stony Brook spent three days in Acadia looking for sunsets, sunrises, and other natural phenomena germane to this national park. Another photographer and I left the group and found this gem at the bottom of a bridge. I must admit the difficulty getting to and from this spot was a little beyond what I would normally do BUT the view was beautiful. Because of the bright sky and darker foreground, I used my Graduated Neutral Density filter to tone down the sky. The filter did what it was intended and I was quite pleased with the final result – now I just needed to get back up the hill to the bridge and my car!

Looks as if we have another field trip for the group - Glacier National Park! Michael P., Phil, EMO, Michelle, Tony, Carol, Deana, Joani, Michael K., and Mike Di. And, here is one reason to put this park on your libelist - Touring on the Red Jammers!




**Sorry about the glitch yesterday. I didn't hit the publish button so it the daily blog went into draft mode.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! The trip! Photo of the red cars! But most of all, "Wow!", for the photo of the forest stream! A gem!

    ReplyDelete