Tuesday, September 17, 2013

# 257 - Reflections. . .


“The context in which a photograph is seen affects the meaning the viewer draws from it.” - Stephen Shore, Ed.D.




f/5.6 @ 1/400 sec.   ISO 100



Blast from the Past

What would I do without my camera's burst mode! One of my favorite shoots is reenactments. In my area of New England I am able to relive the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, and World War II through the eyes and ears of these dedicated historians. 

"Blast from the Past" came down to timing. Prior to the battle the artillery held several demonstrations on their weaponry. Watching closely, I was able to determine within microseconds the actual firing of the canon. I was hoping to capture the fiery blast from the muzzle end. Using burst mode I did get this shot. When I got home I discovered that there would be a lot of cleaning up on this shot, as there were spectators on the other side of the green. 

I would highly recommend doing your homework and finding out just where these battles are to take place.

Yesterday's "Duck Brook Scenic" was liked by Phil, Tony, Michelle, Michael P., Peyton, and Joani.

No comments:

Post a Comment