Thursday, September 26, 2013

# 266 - "Reflections. . ."



“A photograph is usually looked at - seldom looked into.” 
   - Ansel Adams





f/11 @ 1/15 sec.   ISO 200 on a tripod



Snow Day

This is the same bus I showed in #12.  As you can see I did return to capture that abandoned school bus after a snowfall. This was one of my efforts for braving the cold and the downed wires. I moved around the bus looking for the right composition. The snow did add several interesting angles for capturing. At the rear door I noticed signs of others leaving their marks on the abandoned vehicle. I positioned my tripod so that I filled my frame with the opening through that back exit. I was immediately transformed into another world – a world punctuated by the dismantling of the inner workings of this school bus and the graffiti left behind.

With the support of NIK’s Silver Efex Pro 2, this image was transformed into a B&W.

Thoughts of coming back for the other seasons have been thwarted with the cutting down of the birch trees in front of the bus.

Heard from Deana, Tony, Doris, Michelle, Phil, Peyton, and Mrs. Beth about the "Brimfield Bag Lady."


Bonus Image

"Roadside Guardians"




Monoliths guarding the roadway into the Needles area of Canyonlands National Park. These stone structures continued for miles!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joe!
    I am out here! So much great art! I love seeing all your wonderful photographs. You have a great eye. You certainly know how to use your camera! Keep it up buddy!
    Take care Joe!
    Mike

    ReplyDelete