Tuesday, October 1, 2013

# 271 - "Reflections. . ."


“You don't take a photograph, you make it.” - Ansel Adams 



f/6.3 @ 6sec.   ISO 200 on a tripod



Nubble Lite Brite

Photo Phun! A long exposure gave me an opportunity to “play” around with my lens and the Christmas lights at Nubble. With my camera safely secured on my trusty tripod, I was experiment with several long exposures (two to six seconds). When the shutter opened, I slowly twisted the lens barrel while the camera was making the image. I varied my approaches – twisting from wide angle to tight and vice versa. A couple of times I stopped turning in the midst of the exposure. This ability to experiment allowed me to “make this photograph.” My final rendition reminded me of the children’s toy from Hasboro, “Lite Brite.”

Ansel was right, I didn't "take" this photograph, I "made" it!

Bonus Image



This iconic shot was pure luck - sorry, Ansel! At the last minute I decided to take this tour into the Valley this morning. As we pulled up to John Ford Point, the cowboy strolled onto the point!

Back on live internet so here are yesterday's responders: Phil, Tony, Michael P., Michelle, Deana, Joyce, Doris, and Vacationing Mike D.


1 comment:

  1. Joe, You "make" great photographs! Great art!
    How is the "government shutdown" affecting your trip? Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete