Saturday, October 12, 2013

# 282 - "Reflections. . ."



“I want to fly like a butterfly around this beautiful world, till the last frame of my life and the last click of my heart.” 




f/8 @ 1/750 sec.   ISO 100   Polarizer



Tuscan Farmhouse 

Classic farmhouse in Tuscany that has quite the story to go with it!

When one thinks of Tuscany, images of the Tuscan countryside come to mind. As we were driving through the back roads of this region, we came across this abandoned farmhouse.  Obviously, we stopped and walked around the structure. For me this is Tuscany! Sure there are the world-renown cities such as Siena and Assisi. But it’s the surroundings of these metropolitan areas that speak Tuscany to me.

Okay, the story to go with this shot. After I fired off a dozen or so images, I got back in the car and booted up the GPS only to have its battery DEAD! Apparently, this car accessory has its own internal battery, which cannot be charged by the car – who knew? So in the middle of this beautiful countryside and no idea how to get back to Siena, I called Hertz Siena! The man who answered offered to come and lead me back to town, “Just where are you?” I looked left and right and told him I was parked across from three olive trees and an abandoned farmhouse. He hung up! We did find our way back but that’s another story. . .

Glad to be home and hear from EMO, Peyton, Joyce, Joani, Phil, Deana, Milt, Michael P., and Tony!

Bonus Image



This would be "Molly's Castle" and can be seen from the highway several miles away!

No comments:

Post a Comment