Sunday, October 13, 2013

# 283 - "Reflections. . ."


“Looking and seeing are two different things. What matters is the relationship with the subject.” - Christophe Agou




f/5 @ 1/1250 sec. ISO 500 on a boat!  GND



Wings Neck Sunset

Continuing my boating adventure in Buzzard’s Bay ( see Challenge # 24), Captain Carl positioned his boat to offer us the best views for sunset at Wings Neck Lighthouse. As the sunset began to set and the tides came in, our Captain continually maneuvered his craft. I had packed a Graduated Neutral Density filter in my bag and decided this would be the ideal time to work its magic. By darkening the skies and allowing the rest of the frame to remain as is, I was able to get this exposure. Without the GND, I would have had over-exposed skies or a deeply shadowed lighthouse. Remember this was shot on a rocking and rolling boat. My relationship with this sunset was greatly enhanced with the GND filter!


Bonus Image



Fan of the TV show, "Pawn Stars?" In a very seedy area of Las Vegas, far from the Strip, you come to the store where the stories and trades take place. No one there the day I stopped by.

However, Phil, Michelle, Mrs. Beth, Tony, Joyce, Mrs. Vicky, and Joani stopped by my blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment