Monday, October 14, 2013

# 284 - "Reflections. . ."




“To photograph is to hold one's breath, when all faculties converge to capture fleeting reality. It's at that precise moment that mastering an image becomes a great physical and intellectual joy.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson





f/8 @ 1/320 sec. ISO 200   Polarizer



Fire! 

Another opportunity to capture our living history – this time of the Revolutionary War. Tip of the lens cap to those men and women who spend countless hours researching their characters and invest their hard-earned money for outfits and ammunition! Timing was the key to getting the actual fire from their muskets in my image. I watched the squad practice and paid close attention to the leader who was barking out commands. After a couple of practice runs, I was ready to get the fire I wanted. My camera was in burst mode allowing me to take several shots in rapid succession. Using this convenient tool, I was very sure that I would have the moment – and, I did!

Henri’s “precise moment to capture fleeting reality” for me happened because of timing and my camera’s burst mode!



Bonus Image



"Sunset on Mittens" was shot from the balcony of my room at The View!
Thanks for "Viewing" yesterday's images: Michelle, Peyton, Joani, joyce, Tony, Mrs. Vicky, and Phil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment