Friday, October 18, 2013

# 288 - "Reflections. . ."








f/13 @ 1/160 sec. ISO 100 on a tripod   Polarizer





Adrift

Making lemonade out of lemons – poor subjects to shoot that day! A photo workshop in Rockport was more of a bust than a boon. The traditional shots of Motif #1 were there but it has been taken from every possible angle. Walking along the pier, I did notice this brightly colored boat floating in and out as others motored by. I stopped to watch its movement. When it drifted far enough away from the dock and the other boats, I clicked away.

The color contrasts on the boat up against the still waters of the harbor caught my attention. While looking through the viewfinder, I noticed my polarizer filter was brightening up the reflection. When I opened “Adrift” up on my desktop, I worked on bringing out those elements for this final look. And, yes, I did remove the rope that was tied to the boat.

In all due respects to Dorothea, my photography here did not hold the boat still, it was all the work of Mother Nature!

From yesterday's posting, "spoken" like true followers: Phil, Michelle, Joani, Emo, Michelle, Tony, and Deana :)

Bonus Image



"Owachomo Bridge" was a bonus catch as I was heading to Monument Valley when I came across Natural Bridges National Park - and it was open!!

No comments:

Post a Comment