Thursday, October 24, 2013

# 294 - "Reflections. . ."




“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.” - Ansel Adams





f/11@1/100 sec.   ISO 140 on a tripod   Polarizer 




Bodie Light

I had met a husband and wife duo while doing a photo workshop in New Hampshire. We kept in touch for the next few years with each email inviting me to North Carolina to shoot with them. Since Doug and Kathy were planning to retire to Idaho, my window of opportunity to see the Outer Banks through the eyes of local photographers was rapidly closing. So, in May of 2009, I packed up my car, camera bag, and tripod and drove to NC.

One of their favorite places was Bodie Light on the Outer Banks. We timed it so that we’d be there well before for sunset. Our early arrival paid off as these dark storm clouds were forming off the coast and providing a most interesting backdrop to the flashing beacon. It was merely a matter of getting the timing right so that I caught the light on.

Bodie Light” as a B&W is also interesting!

Lots of fond memories with yesterday's "Dream Kitchen" - Deana, Milt, Doris, Joani, Carol, Phil, Michelle, Tony, Mrs. Vicky, Joyce, Mike Di., and EMO.

Bonus Image




My next place of interest was Page, AZ where the Slot Canyons are. I had two tours booked. The night shoot was done in Upper Antelope Canyon. Lionel is the only guide allowed to photograph at night in the Slot Canyon!

No comments:

Post a Comment