Wednesday, October 23, 2013

# 293 - "Reflections. . ."



“A truly good photograph tells a story. It should connect to the reader. That's all there is to it really. Things like composition, focus, colour, lighting and subject matter are all in a sense just fashionable. But the photos that tell stories are timeless.” 
     - Dr. Leslie Brown




f/14 ISO 200 on a tripod No shutter speed HDR  



Dream Kitchen

Another example of being in the right place at the right time! Three club members were planning a visit to a desolate farmhouse so I invited myself along. Upon entering through the kitchen you got the impression that not only did time stand still here but no one had disturbed what was left behind.

Each room had memories of days gone by – as was the situation for Challenge #5, “Moth Protected.” The kitchen was filled with photo ops – all you had to do was turn your tripod left, right, up, or down and there was another images waiting to be frozen in time.

I took this shot seven times for the purpose of creating an HDR image. Similar to Challenge # 34, I wanted the grunge look for this “Dream Kitchen.” I opted for the monochromatic final result.

I knew there was a story, actually many stories, here. I trust that I have told one of them. . .


Bonus Image




Once again, Clint came through at the end of the day. Our last stop was "Teardrop Arch" for the setting sun on Monument Valley. Perfect ending to a perfect day!

Adding to my perfect days back home were Michael K., Deana, Michelle, Mrs. Vicky, EMO, Tony, Phil, Carol, Doris, Joani, and Jeff W.

No comments:

Post a Comment