Wednesday, October 30, 2013

# 300 "Reflections. . ."



Today marks my three hundredth posting of the year!


“When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.” - Ansel Adams



f/9.5 @ 1.5 sec.   ISO 100 on a tripod   Polarizer   GND


Fall Creek Falls

Mention there is a waterfall in the area and I will seek it out! Olympic National Park was no exception. I don’t think we had even checked in before I was off in search of Fall Creek Falls. It was overcast in the late afternoon so time and the light were both fading fast.

With my waterfall equipment in tow, I found the trail that opened up to give me this view. Olympic N. P. is almost completely covered in a moss-like material. It hangs from the trees, it grows on the ground cover and it encompassed Fall Creek Falls. I did like the bright orange specks of color that permeated the hillside.

The solitude of “Fall Creek Falls” is a place that was indescribable. There was no babbling of the water and even the local fauna was quiet. . .

"Heceta Headwaters" and "Skulled Arches" drew some high praise from Phil, Joyce, Mrs. Vicky, Michelle, Michael K., Mike Di., Tony,  Jeff W., and Doris.

 Bonus Image


Back to Monument Valley for this natural framing of the "Mittens." I even managed a few stars up there!

Thanks for sticking with me for these past 300 days of posting!

No comments:

Post a Comment