Tuesday, October 29, 2013

# 299 "Reflections. . ."



“For me, the camera is a sketch book, an instrument of intuition and spontaneity.” Henri Cartier-Bresson



f/19 @ 1.5 sec. ISO 100 on a tripod  Polarizer



Heceta Headwaters

The Oregon Coast has some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen. Our lodging had my wife and I overlooking this seascape when we awoke! This room was in the light keeper’s house that had the pounding surf for a wake-up call.

With tripod and camera in hand, I took a brief stroll to the edge of the lawn. It was mesmerizing – almost hypnotic. Back to reality for what I wanted from this seascape. The interaction of the waves against the rocks became my focal point. Did I want its full force or a softening feel? As you saw, I opted for the latter. Using my polarizer and a small f/stop, I was able to dial up a one and a half second exposure.

By the way, this was a B&B that offered an EIGHT-COURSE start to the morning – see why I can’t shoot at optimum hours!

Still out there: Michelle, Carol, Phil, Peyton, Deana, and Tony!

Bonus Image


"Skulled Arch" was an energetic hike up the face of this rock formation. Fortunately, my L L Bean hiking boots took the sliprock in stride going up and down. But, what a view!

Added Bonus



Another angle of "Skulled Arch!

No comments:

Post a Comment