Saturday, November 23, 2013

# 324 - "Patterned by Nature"



Well done on the challenge as it was broken ice (as if someone walked through a large puddle or a shallow pond). Correctly answered were Carol, Michael K., Phil, Tony, Joani, Peyton, Mike Di., and Joyce!

Also, thanks to those who shared their memories of where they were fifty years ago on November 22nd:

Carol:I was home with my then 9 mo old son - I had TV on - was glued to TV for days, also saw the live broadcast of Jack Ruby shooting Oswald.

Tony: “50 years ago, I was in the 3rd grade and we were released early  from school when the news of JFK being shot came on the news. I knew it was big news when we watched it on TV and I was upset the next day when my Saturday morning cartoons were replaced with the ongoing news coverage on all three major channels.

Michelle: “I was in the high school office on an errand for our Math teacher and when I went back to class and told what I heard he was furious with me thinking I was trying to play a mean joke when the announcement came over the PA system. Total silence ran through the school the only sounds were people crying. Most of us were in shock and disbelief. 

Michael P.: “At my locker at East Boston High School! Dismissed early.  Walked home to witness so many adults crying in the streets.  So very sad!

Joani:I was working in the equipment room at Mankato State College and being a grad student.

EMO:I was rehearsing for my Senior Class Play in the auditorium of the K - 12 school in my hometown in the U.P.  We never did do a performance of the play either.

Joyce: “I was seven years old when Pres. Kennedy was killed.

I remember my mother coming home from shopping and she was crying, I asked her why she was crying and she said because the president was killed. Of course being just seven years old I didn't realize the gravity of the situation.  I just remember my parents being really sad.

Let's get an easy and uplifting challenge out for today. . .



And, for my Bonus Image - also an uplifting one that I shot when in Maine a few weeks ago


I wonder what the guys from American Pickers would pay for this?

1 comment: