Monday, March 30, 2015

Shoot IX - "Paradise Gardens"



Were you thinking Louisiana? I knew about the use of parishes over counties in LA. So did Carol, Peyton, michelle, Joani, Milt and Doris! Mike Di and Michael P. stopped by to check out the blog.   





"Lotus"


Number Nine was also a return engagement. A few years ago I visited a nursery a few towns away. They had pools of water lilies blossoming all over the place. However, out in the back, there was a pond teeming with lotus buds and flowers! I looked back over what I captured on my last visit to check for date when I was there last.

Getting there before sunrise I was able not only to catch the morning light on this lotus but also carve out my spot before the other photographers arrived!






Thought for the week. . .

Found these most interesting outlooks on life:

As we get older, it is not the things we did that we often regret, 
but the things we didn't do.
~ Anonymous


N i f t y   F i f t y
Here are some interesting facts about one of our fifty states. Do you know which one? This state boasts of:


five ghost towns - Combination, Comet, Keystone, Black Pine, and Pony .

having the largest grizzly bear population in the lower 48 states (state's official animal)

having 3 times as many cows as people!

most notable citizens - daredevil, Evel Kneivel 
actor, Gary Cooper 
comedian, Dana Carvey  
actor / body builder, Steve "Hercules" Reeves

Leaving you with a smile, I hope. . .

Old age is coming at a really bad time!


No comments:

Post a Comment