Monday, March 9, 2015

Shoot VII - "Cuttyhunk"

Did you come up with New Mexico? Well, Michelle, Milt, Carol, Joani, Elaine and mommy Beth (without Teddy's help) knew it was the "Land of Enchantment."

A no-brainer for me as I have been to the Albuquerque Balloon Festival twice! Even went up in a balloon during the festival! Here is one of my favorites from the most photographed event in the world (according to Kodak).


"Turned on Tortoise"

At night the balloons are lit up for brief moments to create the "Glow-deo!" Make sure the Albuquerque Balloon Festival is on your Lifelist!



Back to Shoot Seven - I belong to two camera clubs and two photo meet-up groups. This shoot (my only June op) was a trip to Cuttyhunk Island planned by one of my meet-ups.

"Cuttyhunk Dock"




Since I had never been there, I jumped at the chance to photograph it. We met in New Bedford for the twelve mile ferry ride. The island is devoid of restaurants, bars, places of interest - other than the island itself! What it did offer was a variety of opportunities to set my tripod down and shoot away.

This scene was one of my favorites of the day as I crouched down at the end of a small boardwalk and clicked away! 


Thought for the week. . .

Found these most interesting outlooks on life:



You are only young once, 
but you can stay immature indefinitely.
 ~ Ogden Nash.


N i f t y   F i f t y
Here are some interesting facts about one of our fifty states. Do you know which one? This state boasts of:


building the world's first skyscraper was built in 1885

having the world's largest cookie and cracker factory - in 1995, it made 16 billion Oreo cookies!

    being the home  for comedians, Robin Williams 
    and Betty White 
    mega-creator, Walt Disney
    actors, Harrison Ford and Bill Murray    
    former President, Ronald Reagan



Leaving you with a smile, I hope. . .

  I'm going to retire and live off of my savings. 
 Not sure what I'll do the second week?

No comments:

Post a Comment