Monday, July 6, 2015

Shoot XVI - "SW Trek II - Zion"



And, the state of the week was North Carolina, the Tar Heel State! This was TOO easy for Peyton as NC is his home! Also coming up with the correct response were Carol, Michelle, Elaine, Beth, and Joani. 

Bonus image: The Mayberry Courthouse! In front of the door they inscribed the names of Andy, Opie, Barney, and Gomer. Are you whistling the tune now? do you know the OFFICIAL title to that song? I know you can look it up (answer below). . .







"Kolob Canyon Vista"


This image, probably my second most favorite along the three week trip, almost didn't happen! As I was driving from Bryce to Zion, I detoured from what my GPS wanted to do. The sign read, "Zion National Park." Although it was miles from the intended exit, I got off. The road did not lead into Zion but rather into Kolob Canyon, on the outskirts of Zion National Park. A quick stop at the visitor's center convinced me to take the five mile loop into the canyon. And, I am glad I did!

"Kolob Canyon Vista" was what I saw when I pulled into the first lot on the loop! The swirling clouds managed to tuck in ever so conveniently for my shot.

To think "Kolob Canyon Vista" might not have happened if it weren't for a little curiosity on my part. Of course, I had to deal with a very upset GPS when I got back on the highway!  





Thought for the week. . .

Found these most interesting outlooks on life:




If the facts don't fit the theory, 
change the facts. 
                       ~ Albert Einstein.


N i f t y   F i f t y
Here are some interesting facts about one of our fifty states. Do you know which one? This state boasts of being the:


birthplace of Julia Roberts, Jackie Robinson, and Brenda Lee

state where the Girl Scouts were founded by Juliette Gordon.

nations number one producer of the three 
       Ps--peanuts, pecans, and peaches.


the watermelon capital of the world.


Leaving you with a smile, I hope. . .



"24 hours in a day and 24 beers in a case.
Coincidence? I think not."
H. L. Mencken


Did you know it was, "The Fishin' Hole?" This catchy tune even had words!


No comments:

Post a Comment