Monday, July 13, 2015

Shoot XVI - "Zion II"



And, the state of the week was the Peach Tree State! We heard from Carol, Elaine, Michelle, Milt, Mike Di., and Joani. Peyton was given credit for his Atlanta answer by my Esteemed Panel of Judges!


"Zion Scenic"


This is the Virgin River which is credited with creating zion National Park. It doesn't look that imposing here! This was taken late afternoon as I waited for sunset. Slowly the photographers on this small bridge began to grow from the solo enthusiast (me) to about thirty of us. I spoke with photographers from Switzerland, France, England, and Australia. I am embarrassed to admit the English spoken by most foreigners is fairly easy to understand. I know I would be totally lost if I was ever in their native lands! 

I liked the meandering leading line of the river that drew my view into the rock structures in the background.





Thought for the week. . .

Found these most interesting outlooks on life:




If the shoe fits, 
get another one just like it. 
~ Unknown.

N i f t y   F i f t y
Here are some interesting facts about one of our fifty states. Do you know which one? This state boasts of being the:

    birthplace of Nicole Kidman and Bette Midler 

wettest place in the world with an average rainfall is 373.83 inches a year!

widest state in the United States (from east to west coast).

worldwide leader in harvesting macadamia nuts and orchids.



Leaving you with a smile, I hope. . .


I thought I saw an eye doctor on an Alaskan island, 

but it turned out to be an optical Aleutian.

(I know really bad. . . )



No comments:

Post a Comment