Monday, August 17, 2015

Shoot XVI - "Glacier Point, Yosemite"



And, the state of the week was North Dakota! Such musical talent from the "Peace Garden State!" But our ever-observant followers were ready with ND - Michelle, Milt, Elaine, Peyton, and Joani.  Mike Di was oh so close!

"Glacier Point"


I got to Yosemite fairly early and was able to check in. Walking around the hotel lobby I overheard a few people as they discussed booking a tour to Glacier Point. Since I had nothing on my agenda at this time, I figured, why not! 

As the bus wound its way up the steep climb towards Glacier, the light brightened - we were on top of the world, or so it seemed. As soon as I hit the parking lot, I pulled out my tripod and started clicking away. After a few hundred shots of the peaks, the clouds, and the surroundings, I changed to my fisheye lens.

This 8mm lens can play tricks with the view at times. I liked what the fisheye saw this time as it gave me a wonderful perspective of the clouds at the Point. 





Thought for the week. . .

Found these most interesting outlooks on life:




Too many people spend money they haven't earned 
to buy things they don't want, 
to impress people they don't like. 
~ Will Rogers.


N i f t y   F i f t y
Here are some interesting facts about one of our fifty states. Do you know which one? This state boasts of being the:

birthplace of such luminaries as Brando, Warren Buffet, Fred Astaire,  Gerald Ford,  and Henry Fonda.

state with more miles of river than any other state

Buffalo Bill Cody held his first rodeo here on July 4, 1882

birthplace of the Reuben sandwich



Leaving you with a smile, I hope. . .


Remember "I" before "E," 
except in Budweiser.


~ Professor Irwin Corey





No comments:

Post a Comment