Monday, August 24, 2015

Shoot XVI - "Yosemite II"


And, the state of the week was "The Cornhusker State!" Slow week out there in Blogville as only Carol, Elaine, and Joani chimed in with NE. Also, stopping by was Jeff W. from my camera club and Jonathan of the UK, an image study colleague from PSA!


"Yosemite Climber"


Yosemite is a magnet for rock climbers! I was walking around the trails when I came upon a group of five free climbers on this hundred foot rock! I was amazed by the amount of gear they strapped on before they attempted to ascend.

This guy was my main focus as his colorful clothing against these rocks made him pop. I chose this one from among the many I took because of the angle of his body and the degree of difficulty he seemed to show. 





Thought for the week. . .

Found these most interesting outlooks on life:



By failing to prepare, 
you are preparing to fail. 
~ Benjamin Franklin.


N i f t y   F i f t y
Here are some interesting facts about one of our fifty states. Do you know which one? This state boasts of being the:


birthplace of Johnny Depp, Ali, George Clooney, Everly Brothers, and Mary Travers

home to the Boy Scouts of America Scouting Museum 

home to the  oldest continuously held horse race in the country.

these misnamed areas:
   Christian County is wet while Bourbon County is dry. 
   Barren County has the most fertile land in the state. 


Leaving you with a smile, I hope. . .


  I don't trip over things -- 
I do random gravity checks!



No comments:

Post a Comment