Monday, August 8, 2016

Shoot Ten - "Lotus Time!"



Well, there will be no crying over Argentina for Michelle, Mike, Di., Joani, Doris, Jim, Elaine, and Milt!!


"This Bud's for You!





For the past five years I have been visiting a local garden spot to shoot the blooming lotus flowers. Recently there have been groups of other photographers showing up as well - my little secret is out! A drive by the establishment last week showed cones and huge construction equipment blocking the driveway with a "Closed" sign. The flowers will continue to flourish but the grounds and boardwalks may make future trips here nearly impossible and unsafe. So enjoy this bud. . .

Where in the World?


Here are some interesting facts about various countries of the world. Just where would I be?

In 1893 it became the first country in the world to give all women the right to vote.

"The Lord of the Rings" movies were filmed here.

Maori are the indigenous Polynesian people of Aotearoa, the Maori name for here.

Motorists here drive on the left-hand side of the road.

Rugby is its most popular spectator sport but a variety of sports such as football (soccer), cricket, netball, golf and others are popular among participants.

Its inhabitants are nicknamed  ‘Kiwis’ 


Interesting Thought. . .


Tell me and I forget. 
Teach me and I remember. 
Involve me and I learn. 
                               ~ Benjamin Franklin.

Leaving on a humorous note, I hope!

What hair color do they put on 
the driver's licenses of bald men?




No comments:

Post a Comment