Monday, January 9, 2017

2017 Shoot One - Bishop Bud



U S A - way TOO easy, right? Still out there - Peyton, Carol, Milt, Michelle, Elaine, Joani, Mike, and MariannLooks as if you people really enjoy punishment as most of you will be along for the ride in 2017. Thanks for sticking with me for another go-round!


"Bishop Bud"


All told, I have images from about thirty-plus photo opportunities. Some are family, some involved my church and the majority were shoots around New England.

Shoot One was early in January when newly-appointed Holy Cross priest, Bishop "Bud" Colgan came to celebrate Mass at Holy Cross Parish. My pastor called me about 8:45 AM to ask if I was attending the ten - you know the answer was not really but. . . - a quick shower, appropriate dress and my packed camera bag got me to the church in plenty of time (Bishop Bud thought the Mass was at 10:30).

Bishop Bud will be leading the parishes of Choisca, Peru.



Where in the World?

Better get out the atlas as this year I will be featuring some of the more famous cities of the world! I will offer some interesting facts about one of them. Just which city am I describing?

Is often referred to as the ‘Venice of the North

founded in the 12th century, rose from being a small fishing village its  capital city and largest city.

Today, the city is home to seven of world’s top 500 companies.

The city plays host to over 4.2 million tourists annually.

Was home to Van Gogh for a brief period of time. A museum has been made in the city in then great painter’s honor.

Final clue to cement your guess - this city also boasts of the Anne Frank House – the wartime hiding place of the famous Jewish girl, who wrote a diary called, "The Diary of Anne Frank" recounting the wartime horrors of the Second World War


Murphy's Laws. . .


Allen's Biblical Distinction (Allen's Distinction)

The lion and the lamb shall lie down together, 
but the lamb won' t get much sleep.


It's Cartoon Time. . .



A Word to the Wise. . .


"Plan your life at New Year's, 

your day at dawn."          

~ Japanese Proverb

Happy 2017!!

No comments:

Post a Comment