Monday, October 30, 2017

Oct 30 Thai Temple Interior



Zurich as Peyton, Elaine, Tony, Milt, Joani, Mike and Michelle knew! Congrats, Mike on your APSA honor from PSA!



"Buddha"




Shoot #29 - Well, I did say I would return. A few weeks later, I was able to not only get inside the Thai Temple but get inside with my camera! I was given free rein in the main section - no admittance to the residential areas. I was in my glory!

There was no one else walking among the three floors!!

Situated in one of the large meditation rooms was Buddha. This image was difficult in that there was no way to turn on the lights in the room. I cranked the ISO up to 2000 and hoped that I got the shot.

Couldn't wait to get home to check it out. . .


Where in the World?

Better get out the atlas as this year I will be featuring some of the more famous cities of the world! Here are some interesting facts about one of them. Just what city would I be visiting? 

currently the headquarters of companies like Samsung, LG, Hyundai and Kia.

over half of this country’s population is living the greater metropolitan area - center of politics, finance, culture and creativity

Gyeongbok Palace or the Palace of Shining Happiness is a huge palace complex, which seems even more overwhelming because of the mountains in its background.

away from the hustle-bustle of the city is the Bongwong-Sa Temple - a Buddhist temple situated in the center of the city.

the Seodamun Prison History Hall - a grim reminder of the modern-day conflicts that beset this nation.


the Namdaemun Market comes alive only at night, and is the perfect place to pick up clothes, Oriental spices, and almost anything. Bargaining is the thumb-rule here. If you want to avoid the crowds, then you can visit Insadong on Sunday too, when the area is closed to cars.


A Word to the Wise. . .

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. 
And if you can't help them, 
at least don't hurt them."  
                      ~ Dalai Lama    

Murphy's Laws. . .

Segal's Law:


A man with one watch knows what time it is; 
a man with two watches is never sure.


It's Cartoon Time. . .


No comments:

Post a Comment