Monday, November 6, 2017

Nov 6 Thai Interior II



Seoul - heard from Peyton, Jim, Milt, Elaine, Michelle, Joani, and Tony.



"Meet Mongkul"




Serendipity!

As I was finishing up my shoot within the Thai Temple, I decided to go back to the third level. As I turned to head back down, I heard a voice. He introduced himself as, "Mongkul." He asked about the pictures I took and offered to pose for me. We had a brief conversation about photography. Before I parted ways, he asked for a copy of my images for the Temple's website.

Saga continues. . .

I tried to send them via DropBox and then email but I had no luck. Finally, I put them on a DVD and drove back to the Temple. Upon entering I learned that Mongkul was in the meditation room so off I went.

He remembered my name and was quite impressed that I went through so much trouble getting him the images. He asked me to sit while he bestowed a blessing upon me. Next he offered me a small Buddha medallion. Finally he tied a small string around my wrist - a symbol of good fortune.

As it turns out Mongkul is the First Vice President of the WAT!

Where in the World?

Better get out the atlas as this year I will be featuring some of the more famous cities of the world! Here are some interesting facts about one of them. Just what city would I be visiting? 

Said to be one of the most populated cities of the world.

the Imperial Palace - once inside the palace, you will feel as if you have been transported to a different place. The calm and quiet inside is almost unbelievable, given the hustle and bustle of the city.

The Sensoji Temple is one of the most important places of worship in the city.

the Kaminarimon or the Thunder Gate is used to enter the temple. It is a Buddhist temple that was made in the 7th century.

The Ueno Park Museum is home to some of the best-known museums in the city, 


Still not sure? Attending a sumo match! If you visit the city in the month of January, May, or September, you can watch the two-week long Basho or sumo tournaments


A Word to the Wise. . .


"God gave us the gift of life; 
it is up to us to give ourselves
 the gift of living well." 
                   ~ Voltaire

Murphy's Laws. . .

Corry's Law:


Paper is always strongest at the perforations.


It's Cartoon Time. . .


No comments:

Post a Comment