Monday, December 18, 2017

Dec 18th - Scituate Moon Rise



Dallas "Big D" was on the minds of Peyton, Jim, Mike, Milt, Joani, Michelle, and Elaine.



"Scituate Moon Rise"


Tonight there was supposed to be a "supermoon" in our area. So I met up with a few members of HDP and headed for Scituate Harbor. I was amazed that there were only three (3) cars in the parking lot! So I opened up my tripod; messed around with some of the settings; and took a few test shots.  

When I turned around I was shocked at the "full" parking lot. Just where did they come from and when did this start to fill up. Before you knew it every square foot of real estate along the edge of the lot had been claimed!

I was not thrilled with the images I got but I managed to salvage this one and converted it to B&W.



Where in the World?

Better get out the atlas as this year I will be featuring some of the more famous cities of the world! Here are some interesting facts about one of them. Just what city would I be visiting? 


is the capitol of the country

has  the largest library in the world with a collection of more than 160,000,000 objects. It contains 535 miles of bookshelves, and the Reading Room alone houses 45,000 reference books.

in 2008, federal government jobs made up 27% of the jobs here.

is considered a cultural center because of its many National Historic Landmarks, museums and historic places

is home to a large park within the city that contains museums and other historic buildings

The city hosts 176 foreign embassies as well as the headquarters of many international organizations, trade unions, non-profit organizations, lobbying groups, and professional associations.

Give away: In August 1814, it. was attacked by British forces during the and several buildings were all burned.


A Word to the Wise. . .


"Wisdom is easy to carry 
but difficult to gather."     
                  ~ Czech Proverb 

Murphy's Laws. . .

Allen's Law of Civilization:


It is better for civilization to be going down the drain 
than to be coming up it.


It's Cartoon Time. . .


No comments:

Post a Comment