Monday, January 15, 2018

#49 - "The S Pipe"




Back for 2018 we have Elaine, Joani, Michelle, Milt and Tony! All of the aforementioned did know that #50 was the combine harvester! Elaine and Joani had extra help as they both had one of these on their farms! I don't think #49 would be found there???




"S Pipe"



Because we had a small group of photographers in the area, one of the docents took us into the basement of the Boston Waterworks Museum. I passed by this pipe several times. Each pass-by had me stopping to look at it. I knew there was a shot there but had to get the angle just right. Some post-processing in PhotoShop allowed me to bring out the shadowed areas while blacking out the distractions. I liked the fluidity of the scene!


Greatest Inventions of All Time!
Recently I came across an article about the greatest inventions as determined by a large group of scientists, philosophers, educators, and other professions. Their task was to create a list of "the Greatest Inventions of All Time." Conveniently, the final list numbered fifty! so, I'm starting with #50 and working my way down to Numero Uno in December.

Fear not as I will offer you some hints as to what the invention was.

#49

Ransom Olds incorporated this concept as early as 1901 - however much credit goes to another manufacturer who In 1913 used this device to turn a craft-based economy into a mass-market one! This concept allowed costs to be more reasonable, making the final product more affordable.



Murphy's Laws


Second Law of Physics:


You can't push on a rope!


Leaving You with a Laugh, I Hope. . .

"Quadruple Play!"





No comments:

Post a Comment